INSIDE: The Ultimate Guide to Harrods in London including directions to Harrods. Updated 2019.
Visiting Harrods may be one of the Top London Tourist Activities for adults visiting London, but Harrods did not feature in my “Top Ten Things to do in London with Kids” list.
All that money, prestige, hushed quiet, ladies who lunch, Christian Louboutin Shoes, Prada handbags, BREAKABLE glass, vintage crystal, bone china…
My heart palpitates thinking about the accidental destruction two active, boisterous boys (along with a cheeky Gnome) could do in there!
- 1 Visiting Harrods with Kids?
- 2 Visit Harrods store.
- 3 Things to See in Harrods with Kids on Level 4.
- 4 Harrods Toys in the Harrods Children’s Department – Toy Hall 6
- 5 Candy Store Sweet Street – Hall 10
- 6 Things to Buy at Harrods – The Reading Room (Children’s Books)
- 7 Things to Do at Harrods Store – Level 4 Children’s Boutiques
- 8 Harrods Department Store Children’s Wear
- 9 Harrods Children’s Play area?
- 10 Eating at Harrods – Fun Stuff to Eat and Drink for Kids
- 11 Elegant Dining at Harrods Restaurants
- 12 London Harrods Food
- 13 What to eat at Harrods Food Hall
- 14 Harrods Gift Shop – Our Top 9 Souvenirs when visiting Harrods UK
- 15 Harrods Shopping Bag Souvenir
- 16 Harrods Gift Shop
- 17 THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO HARRODS – INSIDER SECRETS
- 18 Harrods Dress Code
- 19 Mini Harrods Kids at Harrods shopping centre
- 20 Harrods Events
- 21 Harrods Christmas Grotto and Harrods Father Christmas
- 22 Harrods Sale
- 23 Harrods Online Shopping
- 24 The Inside Scoop – Directions to Harrods London UK and more.
- 25 Harrods Directions
- 26 Directions to Harrods Department Store London
- 27 Directions to Harrods Store Guide:
- 28 Toadstool Rating (by the kids)- Harrods United Kingdom
- 29 Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN Places to Visit and Things to Do with Kids in LONDON?
- 30 Subscribe
- 31 Bookmark Roam the Gnome
Visiting Harrods with Kids?
BUT, somewhat surprisingly, Harrods DOES cater for kids!
The stuff at Harrods for Kids is found on the Fourth Floor. But it’s not just for kids! The GIANT sized soft toys are a sight to see for everyone, young and old.
Visit Harrods with kids for an amazing insight into how the other half live.
Visit Harrods store.
What is Harrods? Harrods is a high end luxury department store in London.
Who owns Harrods?
The Harrods owner is now the state of Qatar via its sovereign wealth fund. Previously, it was owned by Mohamed Al-Fayed until 2010, famous for being the father of Dodi Al-Fayed, the man who was with Princess Diana the night she died.
Harrods London has 330 departments over 7 floors showcasing the best of luxury merchandise, including
- high-end fashion and accessories
- stylish homewares
- the latest technology
- cosmetics and beauty goods
- Harrods kids toys
- Harrods baby clothes and designer brands for children
- Harrods children books
- travel goods
- luxury linens and Harrods bedding
- English stationery
- bathroom supplies
- handmade Harrods food in the Harrods food hall.
- Harrods restaurants including the Harrods Tea Rooms for an extra special treat!
Things to See in Harrods with Kids on Level 4.
Wondering what to do in Harrods? There are SO many things to do in Harrods with kids, you can easily spend half a day.
Warning: You’ll never get your kids out of here.
Harrods Department Store has thousands of toys, of every description, from budget to high-end.
Check these things out.
Harrods Toys in the Harrods Children’s Department – Toy Hall 6
- Nanodots (those magnetic balls that suction together so you can make stuff, such as the Harrods display above)
- Jumbo stuffed animals of every breed, from every location known to man around the world (must be seen to be believed!)
- A huge collection of LEGO sets, including exclusive Harrods Lego sets.
Don’t leave this level without taking a selfie with the life-size Harrods London Door Man made from LEGO!
Candy Store Sweet Street – Hall 10
The Harrods UK Candy Store is filled with:
- typical English treats
- English lollies and candy
- Harrods dark chocolate
- Harrods almond brittle
- Jelly Belly jellybeans in all kinds of flavours
- boxed treats (these make perfect London souvenirs)
- soft toys
- gift-wrapped chocolate, and more.
Things to Buy at Harrods – The Reading Room (Children’s Books)
The Reading Room at Harrods Knightsbridge must be one of London’s best kid’s bookstores. Ned loved the reading nook he found.
There’s lots of London-centric kid’s books too, the ultimate London souvenir for kids. We bought a few to remind us of our trip.
Roam the Gnome, and I giggled out loud at the “Colour in Kate” and “Dress up Kate” books. Super fun!
Things to Do at Harrods Store – Level 4 Children’s Boutiques
If your kids adore dressing up as Princesses, be sure to visit children’s wear. Never before have we seen picture-perfect renditions of Disney Princess dresses like this.
Right next door, there’s also a range of Avengers costumes – Ironman, Captain America, Hulk and Thor, plus Superman, Spiderman and Batman costumes.
Roam the Gnome couldn’t resist a selfie!
Sadly, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Harrods has now closed its’ doors for the last time.
Harrods Department Store Children’s Wear
Check out the designer wear, party wear, holiday and swimwear – all the top brands can be found at Harrods, including Harrods baby clothes.
Harrods Children’s Play area?
We are often asked, is there a Harrods children’s play area? Unfortunately, they didn’t have one when we visited. But the Harrods Toys area was enough for my boys with so much to look at and browse.
Eating at Harrods – Fun Stuff to Eat and Drink for Kids
These are your pick of kid-friendly spaces when visiting Harrods. Expect a bigger than normal bill of course. It is Harrods.
Icecream Parlour – Level 2.
Traditional milkshakes and icecream. Try a Sundae (share one! It’s huge) or an Ice-cream float.
Pizzeria – Level 2.
London’s original wood-fired pizza restaurant featuring all your favourites.
Godiva Chocolate Cafe – Level 2
Fondues, crepes, cakes all given the chocolate treatment, plus lots of chocolate drinks!
YooMoo Frozen Yoghurt – Level 3
Naturally fat-free frozen yoghurts made from milk from British cows. Try their signature dish, the Devil’s Moo!
Elegant Dining at Harrods Restaurants
For that extra special grown-up treat, you must visit one of the best Harrods restaurants, on Level 4. Formerly known as The Georgian Restaurant, The Harrods Tea Rooms offers an all-day dining menu created by our expert team of in-house chefs.
Pictured above, these elegant table settings feature classic scalloped seating, flower posies on draped tables, and this elegant sculpture.
Sample a taste of quintessential British elegance at the stylish Harrods afternoon tea, complete with finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones and seasonally changing fancies.
Hot Tip: Harrods of London dining is best suited to children 8 years plus. NOT toddlers!
London Harrods Food
The Harrods food hall is on the Ground floor.
Stop by for a look at how the other half live, and enjoy an affordable snack in one of the World’s most exclusive department stores.
What to eat at Harrods Food Hall
The Harrods London Department Store food hall includes:
Charcuterie, Fromagerie, and Traiteur Hall
Fruits and Vegetables Hall
Gourmet Chocolate, Confectionary, and Seasonal Food Hall
- Including the famous Harrods Gold Bar (pictured above)
Roastery & Bake Hall
- Tea and Coffee bar
- Gourmet Grocery
- Hampers and Food orders
Meat, Fish and Poultry Hall
- Fish and Chips
- Seafood, Oyster and Caviar Bar
Harrods Gift Shop – Our Top 9 Souvenirs when visiting Harrods UK
Harrods Paddington Bear
Paddington Bear is the perennial favourite.
A Harrods London Bus backpack serves two purposes – it’s a souvenir, but it can also become the kid’s hand luggage to carry the rest of the kid’s UK souvenirs home. Pick up the matching Harrods lunch bag, Harrods lunch box, or drink bottle too.
Harrods children’s books
Colour In Kate colouring book! I’m sure they have Megan one’s too now.
Pick up a bunch of LEGO packs, exclusive to Harrods
Sweets from the Harrods Candy Store
Who doesn’t love a good English toffy?
An illustrated Map of London, or one of the London Tube Stations is a gorgeous souvenir for friends and family who love good design.
Harrods Annual Bear
Keep a look out for the Harrods Annual Bear. These bears are keepsakes, an exclusive limited edition Harrods souvenir.
Harrods Policeman Bear Keyring
No space in the luggage? Pick up a Harrods keyring or two.
Harrods Gold Bar
A Harrods Gold Bar, shown above.
It’s chocolate with almond nougat throughout, but we can dream it’s real gold, can’t we?
Harrods Shopping Bag Souvenir
The ONE thing you definitely can’t leave Harrods without is your own personal Harrods Logo shopper bag.
Instantly recognisable and elegant in style, the Harrods shopper bag is a small green patent shopper from their Signature collection, boasting a glossy exterior and gold-tone Harrods stores lettering to finish.
A Harrods Shopping Bag is a must-have souvenir from our Knightsbridge store to remember your time spent in London.
Harrods Gift Shop
The Harrods Gift Shop is on Level Two. This is THE place to pick up your Royal souvenirs, London tea towels, tea boxes, and Harrods premium biscuits.
If you have cash to spare, why not look to their handpicked edit of the ultimate luxury gifts?
Carry your loot home in that Harrods shopping bag you bought!
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO HARRODS – INSIDER SECRETS
Harrods Dress Code
If you are asking yourself, what should I wear to go shopping in Harrods?, we have the answer.
- Harrods are very proud of their beautiful store and to ensure it is maintained for all of their customers to enjoy without offence whilst shopping, there are some sensible restrictions on dress code when entering the store.
- These include asking customers to refrain from wearing crash helmets and to generally ensure they are not wearing anything that could offend another customer or cause damage to our store or merchandise.
- Other than that, neat and tidy dress is required, and you must wear shoes.
- Leave the thongs and singlets at home.
Mini Harrods Kids at Harrods shopping centre
Be sure to take a look here at the Events page before visiting Harrods of London, especially if there’s a new children’s movie release with a toy tie-in. There’s likely to be a special kids event!
You can also look into joining Mini Harrods, the special club for the store’s smallest visitors, invites everyone to join in the fun in-store with action-packed activities all year round.
Harrods has regular shopping events in-store. Click here for details.
Harrods Christmas Grotto and Harrods Father Christmas
A surprise visit to the Harrods Christmas Grotto is a memory that your little ones will cherish forever.
To be eligible to book for the Grotto experience, please sign up at Harrods Rewards and await 2019 Grotto communications.
Look out for the Harrods Annual Bear too – it’s a cute souvenir if you happen to be visiting Harrods at Christmas time.
The next Harrods sale is yet to be announced. Keep checking back at Harrods home page for news about upcoming Sale dates.
Harrods Online Shopping
Did you know it’s now possible to shop Harrods products online? It’s true. So if the kids are turning it on, and it’s time to go, you can scour the website in peace and quiet when they are in bed!
The Inside Scoop – Directions to Harrods London UK and more.
Correct at time of publication – April 2018. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
Where is Harrods in London?: The Harrods location is 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London, SW1X 7XL, United Kingdom
What street is Harrods on?: Harrods main entrance is located on Brompton Road, near the Knightsbridge London Underground station. Follow the directions to Harrods below.
Phone: For General Store Enquiries +44 20 7730 1234. Monday to Saturday – 9:45am to 9pm and on Sunday – 11:30am to 6pm
Email: Click here to email Harrods
Website: Harrods Website
Entry fees: Harrods is free to enter.
Harrods Opening Hours
The Harrods London hours are:
- 10am to 9pm, Monday to Saturday
- 11.30am to 6pm, Sunday
Harrods Closing Time:
- 9pm Monday to Saturday
- 6pm Sunday
Directions to Harrods by Tube:
- The nearest tube station to Harrods is Knightsbridge station on the Piccadilly line. Use the Brompton Road exit to get from Knightsbridge station to Harrods. It’s 3 min walk along Brompton Road.
- South Kensington train station, on the Piccadilly, District and Circle lines, and Sloane Square, on the District and Circle lines, are just a few min walk from the store.
- Please check the Transport for London website for the latest travel
Directions to Harrods By Bus:
- How to get to Harrods by bus? Take the following London bus routes: 9, 10, 14, 19, 22, 52, 74, 137, 414, 452, C1
Directions to Harrods By Car: Directions to Harrods Parking
- Valet car parking is located at Brompton Place, a short walk from the store.
- The Harrods car park opens at 7:30am Monday to Saturday and 10:30am on Sunday, and closes 30 minutes after Harrods closes.
Parking Charges at Harrods England:
- 0-2 hours £25
- 2-4 hours £37.50
- 4-6 hours £47.50
- 6-9 hours £60
Harrods does not fall into the London Congestion Charge zone. If you wish to use your Sat-Nav to find us, please enter postal code SW3 1BB as this will take you directly to the store.
Directions to Harrods Department Store London
Directions to Harrods Store Guide:
Click the link in blue for a guide to Harrods Layout: Colour-coded Harrods Store Guide
Toadstool Rating (by the kids)- Harrods United Kingdom
Are you posh if you shop at Harrods? You sure are! It’s one way to pretend you are Royal for the day!
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN Places to Visit and Things to Do with Kids in LONDON?
Click the links in blue below.
Bookmark Roam the Gnome
This article may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a booking or purchase after clicking on one of these links on Roam the Gnome™, we may receive a small affiliate commission at NO extra cost to you.
Roam the Gnome™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Thank you in advance for your support in helping us to grow Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ Website Directory