INSIDE: The Inside Scoop on Bob Gamble Park Ipswich.
There’s an EPIC water playground in Ipswich, and it’s a hidden gem, known only to locals.
But now you know – GO GO GO!
The Bob Gamble Park playground in Ispwich is up there with the best water playgrounds in Brisbane!
- 1 Water Playground at Bob Gamble Park Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich Playgrounds for everyone!
- 3 The Discovery Forest at Bob Gamble Park playground
- 4 The Inside Scoop – Playgrounds in Ipswich? Bob Gamble Park
- 5 Map of Bob Gamble Park Ipswich
- 6 Toadstool Rating.
- 7 Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do in Brisbane with kids?
Water Playground at Bob Gamble Park Ipswich
This Ipswich water play area has multiple levels of super dooper fun!
This Ipswich water playground looks to have been inspired by the Giant’s Causeway volcanic rock formations in Ireland, where “hundreds of hexagon-shaped tubes stack up perfectly like puzzle pieces” (CNN’s John D Sutter)
Who needs to travel to Ireland? This zero-depth water playground in Brisbane’s west is right here.
Ipswich Playgrounds for everyone!
Visit Bob Gamble Park water park on sunny days to take advantage of the water playground but take dry clothes too. There’s more stuff to do here, including a boardwalk with views of the Bremer River, and cycle paths for scooters and bikes.
Facing the waterpark from the road, to the left you’ll find:
- 25-metre double flying fox for your budding Tarzan and Jane!
- Giant rope-log swing
- Spider web swing
To the right of the water park, find:
- Giant climbing net with fortress hideout, and giant silver slide
- Sandpit with digging equipment (BYO sand toys too)
Bring a picnic or your bbq supplies.
There’s free BBQ hotplates, shaded picnic tables, a fabulously clean toilet block, and warm showers when the kids are shivering after all that time in the sprinklers!
The Discovery Forest at Bob Gamble Park playground
Look out for the rainbow poles.
Follow them down to the carved totem poles. Spy the First Fleet Captain sailing the ship, and British soldiers keeping guard over convicts in their black-and-white stripes.
The football-field sized Discovery Forest has more fun things for kids to do.
- Dig in the boat shaped sandpit
- Walk along balance beams,
- Climb up to the top of the two mysterious forts
- Cross the bridge across a dry creek bed
- Sit in a storytelling circle with your friends
Adore nature play? Get down and dirty with the kids here.
The Inside Scoop – Playgrounds in Ipswich? Bob Gamble Park
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
Address: 2 Blackall Street, Ipswich
Telephone: (07) 3810 6666 (City of Ipswich)
Website: Click here
- Water playground hours are 8.00 am – 6.00 pm
- Toilets and carpark are locked at 8.00 pm
Entry Fees: Free entry
How to get there:
- By Bus: Daily bus connections are available from the Brisbane Transit Centre in Brisbane. For more information contact the centre on 3236 2020.
- By Car: The Ipswich Motorway links Ipswich to Brisbane. (approx 40 minutes). The Logan Motorway links Ipswich to the Gold Coast and Pacific Highway from New South Wales, along with the Gateway Motorway from Brisbane Airport and Sunshine Coast.
- By Train: The Brisbane Citytrain network provides regular connections from Ipswich to Brisbane and connections to the Gold and Sunshine Coast rail lines.
Parking: Free street parking
Map of Bob Gamble Park Ipswich
Nearest takeaway coffee and/or food options: There’s a vending machine for snacks, chocolate and drinks in the amenities block
Toilets: Yes, including baby change table, and showers
Disability access: Limited
Shade: Gazebos, Rotunda, Shelters. Shade sails over water playground.
Enclosed: No, but below road level. Road is out of sight.
Ground cover: Bike pathways, concrete, soft fall, grass
Picnic tables: Yes
Electric BBQs: Yes
Water Bubblers/fountains: Yes
Scooters and Bikes: Yes
The Bob Gamble Park was last reviewed in October 2018
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do in Brisbane with kids?
Click the blue links below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.