INSIDE: Fun playground in Regents Park London for kids
We stumbled upon Gloucester Gate Regents Park playground and had a fabulous time hanging out with locals and their kids.
This is not a playground that tourists frequent, so you can be assured of real-life interactions with British folk, and that’s the kind of immersive experience we love to find when we are on the road.
Check it out here.
- 1 Gloucester Gate Playground in Regents Park
- 2 Best parks in London for toddlers
- 3 Update: London Playground Makeover
- 4 Photos of Gloucester Gate Playground
- 5 Nature Playground near Gloucester Gate Playground entrance
- 6 Ponds and Gardens at Regents Park London
- 7 The Inside Scoop – Gloucester Gate, Regents Park Playground for Toddlers in London
- 8 Map of Regents Park playground
- 9 Toadstool Rating: Gloucester Gate London
- 10 Looking for more Regents Park Playgrounds?
Gloucester Gate Playground in Regents Park
Gloucester Gate playground has super fun retro-style playground equipment, including one of those quirky spin-around merry go rounds that were everywhere when I was a kid.
I adore retro playground equipment with all my heart, and love to show it to my boys. It’s not often you find old-school playground equipment anymore, so I treasure those playgrounds when we do.
Gloucester Gate playground features:
- Set of four swings for big kids
- Set of four bucket swings for toddlers and babies
- Turnstile swing-arounds
- Toddler fort playground with firemans poles, climbing nets, tunnel and slides
- Giant fort for bigger kids with giant silver slide
This Regents Park children’s playground has a modern toilet block inside the gates, is fully fenced, lots of bench seating around the perimeter, and a rotunda with picnic table.
It’s metres away from a fun nature playground in London – a stack of monster logs to climb on and scramble over.
The best bit for mums and dads? The views of the classic English terrace homes on the other side of the hedging and trees. We can dream.
Best parks in London for toddlers
If you are visiting London with toddlers, make a beeline. This is one of the best parks in London for toddlers and preschoolers, and it’s safe too.
Update: London Playground Makeover
The much loved Gloucester Gate playground is soon to undergo a giant transformation and makeover, starting in winter 2018. The new state-of-the-art design has been a collaborative effort between enthusiastic youngsters and expert play specialists and will introduce a totally new play experience to Regent’s Park.
Check back soon for details.
Photos of Gloucester Gate Playground
Nature Playground near Gloucester Gate Playground entrance
Ponds and Gardens at Regents Park London
The Inside Scoop – Gloucester Gate, Regents Park Playground for Toddlers in London
Address: Cnr Gloucester Gate and Outer Circle, Regents Park
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
Map of Regents Park playground
Toadstool Rating: Gloucester Gate London
Looking for more Regents Park Playgrounds?