INSIDE: Our Favourite Shop in Tokyo to buy cute Japanese Stationery.
Do you Love Cute Japanese Stationery?
Then put THIS SHOP on your List of the Best Places to Shop in Tokyo!
Cute Japanese stationery is the BEST.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you. Main image: Chinnian via Flickr CC BY-SA 2.0
- 1 Wondering where to buy Cute Japanese stationery in Tokyo?
- 2 LOFT Stationery Shop in Japan
- 3 The Best Japanese Stationery Store Tokyo!
- 4 Must Have Japanese Stationery, Japanese Pens, and Japanese Notebooks.
- 5 Popular Japanese Stationery & Japanese School Supplies
- 6 Best Japanese Stationery Brands & Japanese Office Supplies
- 7 Licenced Stationery Brands including Disney
- 8 Buy Cute and Cheap Japanese Stationary
- 9 Japanese Souvenirs to Take Home
- 10 Check the Loft Floor Guide for Japanese Souvenirs ideas
- 11 The Inside Scoop – LOFT, the Best Japanese Stationery Stores Tokyo
- 12 How to get to LOFT Shibuya
- 13 Google Map of Loft Shibuya, Japanese Stationery Shop
- 14 Facilities Loft Shibuya
- 15 More Japanese Stationary at MUJI next door
- 16 Toadstool Rating – Cute Japanese Stationary Store
- 17 Looking for MORE PLACES TO SHOP IN TOKYO?
Wondering where to buy Cute Japanese stationery in Tokyo?
Lovers of cool Japanese stationery better not miss the cool stationery shop called LOFT in Shibuya.
Shibuya is one of our favourite places to go shopping in Tokyo, and we could easily spend a whole day just wandering around.
But the LOFT basement floor is always our first stop.
For Japanese stationery fanatics, this place is like finding a Pirate’s Chest filled with golden coins.
Do not think for a moment you’ll be leaving empty handed.
It will be impossible.
LOFT Shibuya is one of the best stationery stores in Japan, and you need to find it quick smart!
(A Japanese pocket wifi device is a necessity when you travel in Japan so you have constant access to google maps. We highly recommend this one if you are travelling from Australia.)
Hot Tip: Japanese Bento Boxes for Sale too
Loft Shibuya is also our favourite place to buy a Japanese bento box for adults and kids.
Loft has a range of bento accessories including:
- soy sauce containers
- different size bento box inserts
- cute bento picks and more.
They stock a great range of the best bento boxes for kids in Tokyo too.
BUY NOW ON AMAZON: Traditional Rabbit Moon Bento Box Set 2 piece, with chopsticks
LOFT Stationery Shop in Japan
Have you heard of LOFT Shibuya?
If you haven’t, and you’re wonderings where to buy Japanese stationery in Tokyo, it’s about time you did.
LOFE is located in many of the larger suburbs of Tokyo but for Japanese stationery, we’d suggest the Shibuya branch on the Basement 1F floor.
Loft Shibuya should feature as THE Japanese Stationery Store in every Tokyo Shopping Guide.
If you are looking for where to shop in Tokyo for Japanese stationery, head to the suburb of Shibuya and make this Loft store your ground zero.
The Best Japanese Stationery Store Tokyo!
Lovers of Japanese stationery will be in awe of the products on offer from all over the world.
Not only are there thousands of things, but almost everything is SUPER CUTE too!
You can also find festive stationery to mark special occasions such as Halloween, Valentine’s Day, New Years, Easter and Christmas.
It’s also a top spot for family travel adventurers.
The kids will go crazy for the bright colours, animal-shaped sticky notes and fun finds.
Must Have Japanese Stationery, Japanese Pens, and Japanese Notebooks.
This is some of the must-have Japanese stationery to look for.
- Rows and rows and rows of Japanese Washi paper tape and MT Washi tape. Find designs in rainbow dots, stripes, colour blocks, zigzags, flowers, piano keys, birthday candles, quotes, and bunting – the list is endless!
- Rainbow coloured packs of our favourite Japanese ballpoint pens “Zebra Sarasa Clip” in 0.5 point size
- Japanese gel pens, Japanese erasable pens, Japanese highlighters – in fact, so many cute Japanese pens brands, you’ll want to jump up and down with joy!
- Beautiful stationery items such as Japanese note books of all shapes and sizes
- Fabric-covered notebooks, and diaries. My 2016 diary is covered in red fabric, and embellished with a sweet embroidery design of Little Red Riding Hood!
- Book covers in fabulous designs
- Office folders
- Kids stationery including the cutest Deco tape
- Stampers and inks
- Pencil cases and pen cases
- Brush pens
- Japanese art supplies
- Cute Japanese pencils
BUY NOW ON AMAZON: 20 Color Rainbow Set of Zebra Pens Sarasa Clip
Popular Japanese Stationery & Japanese School Supplies
Whyyyyy is Japanese stationery so good?
I can’t help myself in this shop.
I’m minimalist by nature, but I can’t resist LOFT stationery.
- Themed paperclips (I bought teeny tiny aeroplane clips!)
- Letter sets, letter writing paper and envelopes
- Lined writing paper
- Office stationery supplies including cute ledgers to calculate your daily cashflow
- Diaries, calendars and schedule books
- Cute Japanese stationery post-it notes (including the cutest PEEP-OUT notes with animal faces!)
- Art and craft design supplies
- Japanese office supplies
BUY NOW ON AMAZON: PEEP OUT Post it Notes, Set of 8 different styles
More Fun Japanese stationery
The stationery fun doesn’t stop there…
- THE cutest memo flag index tabs in all kinds of adorable designs! (I bought polar animals, and a set of traditional Japanese daruma dolls this visit!)
- Coloured markers
- Mechanical pencils
- Sticker sets and books of stickers
- Kawaii stationery including bullet journals
- Kawaii accessories (kawaii means ‘cute’ in Japanese)
- Calendars, diaries, notepads, journal books and all kinds of stationery.
- Instamatic cameras and photographic paper
- Postcards and letter sets with Sumo wrestler designs. The perfect souvenir!
BUY NOW ON AMAZON: Fuji Film Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera in Ice Blue ( 2 x mini film included)
Best Japanese Stationery Brands & Japanese Office Supplies
Loft sells many of the best Japanese stationery brands including:
- MT Washi-Tape
- Japanese pen brands including Zebra Mildliner Highlighter Pens
- MUJI Gel Ink Ballpoint Pens
- Fusen Sticky Notes
- Plus (Decor Rush decoration tape)
- Yojo Tape
- Pilot Frixian Stamps
- Pilot juice pens
Personalised office with Japanese kawaii stationery
I love personalising my office space with the kawaii stationery I find in Loft such as:
- themed paper clips
- animal shaped rubber bands
- rainbow colored folders
- colourful bulldog clips with love hearts and airplane motifs, and
- my favourite – anything with a Japanese Daruma doll on it.
Japanese stationery is one thing I can’t resist.
BUY NOW ON AMAZON: Set of 10 Bright Rainbow Colors of WASHI TAPE!
Licenced Stationery Brands including Disney
They also sell cute stationery under licence of big popular brands such as Rainbow Brite, Sanrio, Moomin, Hello Kitty, Pokemon, and DISNEY!
Lots and lots of cute-to-boot Disney stationery.
The best kind!
Buy Cute and Cheap Japanese Stationary
It’s the perfect place to send kids on a mission to buy a whole bunch of cute stationary supplies they can use to keep a travel journal of their family trip to Japan.
This can also be an exercise to help them work out the different currency, counting yen (the prices are in a little box on the back of each product), and tallying up their total purchases.
Give them a maximum figure, and a list of what they need to purchase, and let them do the fun finding and the sums!
BUY NOW ON AMAZON: Super Cute Sumikko Gurashi notebook 13cm x 18cm
Japanese Souvenirs to Take Home
Japanese stationery bundles are wonderful authentic Japanese gifts too.
Who wouldn’t be charmed by the quirkiness of the things on offer?
A deco stamp, a set of rainbow pens, a bullet journal and anything Rilakkuma-themed could top the list of cool Japanese souvenirs!
Visiting LOFT in Shibuya to see all the stationery is one of my favourite things to do in Japan with kids too.
Check the Loft Floor Guide for Japanese Souvenirs ideas
There are 7 Floors of Loft at the Shibuya branch.
You’ll find beautifully designed Japanese souvenirs and gifts on every level.
Loft 1st floor for Gift Goods and Souvenirs
Be sure to visit this floor to find the best greeting cards, watches, fashion goods, and phone accessories.
Loft 2nd floor for Japanese Health and Beauty Products
2nd floor is for health and beauty goods (including organic and natural cosmetics, aromatherapy and herbal teas).
Loft 3rd floor for Household Goods and Kitchenwares
3rd floor is for household goods including:
- decorative table accessories
- cooking utensils, knives and pans
- picnic lunch productsand Japanese lunch bags
- bath products
- Japanese house coats and Japanese aprons
Pop in for the best range of bento boxes and accessories in Shibuya too.
Loft 4th floor for Interior Design and Homewares
4th floor is for Interior Design, and it’s the spot to find elegant Japanese gifts for family and friends, if you have the budget.
Loft 5th floor for Travel Goods and Bags
5th floor is travel accessories, bags and variety goods.
Loft 6th floor – International Art and Design Exhibition
The 6th floor is worth a visit to see the International Art and Design exhibition.
There’s also supplies for craft and wrapping.
The Inside Scoop – LOFT, the Best Japanese Stationery Stores Tokyo
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in yen, unless otherwise stated.
Address: Loft Shibuya can be located at 21-1 Udagawacho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0042
Website: Click here
- Check out their current events on their Facebook Page
- Instagram handle: @loft_shibuya
Loft Shibuya Opening Hours: 10am to 9pm daily
How to get to LOFT Shibuya
The Shibuya branch of LOFT is near to the main Shibuya Crossing at JR Shibuya Station.
- From the JR Shibuya station, walk out the Hachiko Exit (West Side) passing the Dog Statue.
- Cross at the main crossing.
- Walk up Inokashira Dori and follow the road, then turn sharp left at the first intersection.
- Walk past Louis Vuitton and look out for Forever 21 on your left.
- The entrance to LOFT is directly opposite here.
- It’s also about a 10-15 minute walk from Harajuku Station
Google Map of Loft Shibuya, Japanese Stationery Shop
Facilities Loft Shibuya
- Look out for staff members who wear a blue badge.
- English speakers wear one that says ‘May I Help You’? Ask away!
Toilets: Yes, in-store including baby change table
Disability access: Yes
Closest playground: Inside Muji store, next door to Loft
The Loft shop was last reviewed in 2020.
More Japanese Stationary at MUJI next door
Our other favourite shop, MUJI Tokyo Shibuya is inter-connected with the basement floor of Loft.
When you’ve finished your stationery shopping in Loft, be sure to go next door to MUJI Japan, via the basement or level one floors only.
I love MUJI’s understated design principles, minimalist ethos, and their use of natural products.
- natural timbers
- organic fabrics and natural fibres
- muted colours that mimic the gentleness of nature and forests
- products made from stone and wood
- simple ceramics in white
- plain minimalist designs
- elegant but simple wrapping
They sell a range of simple but elegant MUJI stationery.
The MUJI stationery set is a best seller.
MUJI also sells:
- MUJI kitchenware – cups, plates, bowls, utensils and serving trays
- MUJI bathroom organisation and storage tools
- MUJI furniture (go take a look!)
- MUJI clothes for the whole family
- MUJI toys and bikes, and
- elegant MUJI homewares.
Don’t miss the MUJI Grocery on the Basement floor.
Gather all your food souvenir supplies at MUJI in Shibuya, including authentic green tea powder and those cutest little flower sugar lollies you eat alongside a sip of bitter tea.
You can also buy the MUJI chocolate coated strawberries.
The strawberry chocolate ones are decadent.
Plus, you’ll find all the Japanese crackers, biscuits, and cakes.
And a range of Japanese curry sauces.
Muji Playroom in Shibuya
There’s also a delightful toddler playground upstairs in MUJI.
It’s typically Japanese – all smooth timbers and understated thoughtful design.
There’s nappy changing, and breastfeeding rooms too.
Muji at Family Mart
You can also buy a small range of plain but versatile MUJI notebooks, MUJI pencils, and other MUJI stationery in Family Mart when you can’t make it to MUJI, or want to take a few extra souvenirs home.
Toadstool Rating – Cute Japanese Stationary Store
For lovers of pens and paper, this Japan stationery place is ridiculous.
Beyond anything you can imagine.
Prepare for your day’s Tokyo itinerary to go out the window.
Looking for MORE PLACES TO SHOP IN TOKYO?
Click the links in blue below.