INSIDE: Our Favourite Shop in Tokyo to buy cute Japanese Stationery. Updated April 2019.
Do you Love Cute Japanese Stationery?
Then put THIS SHOP on your List of the Best Places to Shop in Tokyo!
Cute Japanese stationery is the BEST.
Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. If you book a product or service after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 Wondering where to buy Cute Japanese stationery in Tokyo?
- 2 LOFT Stationery Shop in Japan
- 3 The Best Japanese Stationery Store Tokyo!
- 4 Must Have Japanese Stationery, Japanese Pens, and Japanese Notebooks.
- 5 Popular Japanese Stationery & Japanese School Supplies
- 6 Best Japanese Stationery Brands & Japanese Office Supplies
- 7 Buy Cute and Cheap Japanese Stationary
- 8 Japanese Souvenirs to Take Home
- 9 Check the Loft Floor Guide for Japanese Souvenirs ideas
- 10 Another Japanese Stationary MUJI
- 11 The Inside Scoop – LOFT, the Best Japanese Stationery Stores Tokyo
- 12 How to get to LOFT Shibuya
- 13 Google Map of Loft Shibuya, Japanese Stationery Shop
- 14 Facilities Loft Shibuya
- 15 Toadstool Rating – Cute Japanese Stationary Store
- 16 Looking for MORE PLACES TO SHOP IN TOKYO (and things to do in Tokyo too)?
Wondering where to buy Cute Japanese stationery in Tokyo?
Lovers of cool Japanese stationery better not miss the cool stationery shop called LOFT in Shibuya.
Shibuya is one of our favourite places to go shopping in Tokyo, and we could easily spend a whole day just wandering around. But LOFT is always our first stop.
For Japanese stationery fanatics, this place is like finding a Pirate’s Chest filled with golden coins. Do not think for a moment you’ll be leaving empty handed.
It will be impossible.
LOFT Shibuya is one of the best stationery stores in Japan.
It’s also our favourite place to buy a Japanese bento box for adults.
Loft has a range of bento accessories including soy sauce containers, different size bento box inserts, separators, cute bento picks and more.
They stock a great range of the best bento boxes for kids in Tokyo too.
BUY NOW ON AMAZON: Traditional Rabbit Moon Bento Box Set 2 piece, with chopsticks
LOFT Stationery Shop in Japan
Have you heard of LOFT Shibuya?
If you haven’t, and you’re wonderings where to buy Japanese stationery in Tokyo, it’s about time you did.
LOFE is located in many of the larger suburbs of Tokyo but for Japanese stationery, we’d suggest the Shibuya branch on the Basement 1F floor.
Loft Shibuya should feature as THE Japanese Stationery Store in every Tokyo Shopping Guide.
If you are looking for where to shop in Tokyo for Japanese stationery, head to the suburb of Shibuya and make this Loft store your ground zero.
The Best Japanese Stationery Store Tokyo!
Lovers of Japanese stationery will be in awe of the products on offer from all over the world.
Not only are there thousands of things, but almost everything is SUPER CUTE too!
You can also find festive stationery to mark special occasions such as Halloween, Valentine’s Day, New Years, Easter and Christmas.
It’s also a top spot for family travel adventurers – the kids will go crazy for the bright colours, animal-shaped sticky notes and fun finds.
Must Have Japanese Stationery, Japanese Pens, and Japanese Notebooks.
This is some of the must-have Japanese stationery to look for.
- Rows and rows and rows of Japanese Washi paper tape and MT Washi tape. Find designs in rainbow dots, stripes, colour blocks, zigzags, flowers, piano keys, birthday candles, quotes, and bunting – the list is endless!
- Rainbow coloured packs of our favourite Japanese ballpoint pens “Zebra Sarasa Clip” in 0.5 point size
- Japanese gel pens, Japanese erasable pens, Japanese highlighters – in fact, so many cute Japanese pens brands, you’ll want to jump up and down with joy!
- Beautiful stationery items such as Japanese note books of all shapes and sizes
- Fabric-covered notebooks, and diaries. My 2016 diary is covered in red fabric, and embellished with a sweet embroidery design of Little Red Riding Hood!
- Book covers in fabulous designs
- Office folders
- Kids stationery including the cutest Deco tape
- Stampers and inks
- Pencil cases and pen cases
- Brush pens
- Japanese art supplies
- Cute Japanese pencils
BUY NOW ON AMAZON: 20 Color Rainbow Set of Zebra Pens Sarasa Clip
Popular Japanese Stationery & Japanese School Supplies
Whyyyyy is Japanese stationery so good?
I can’t help myself in this shop.
I’m fairly minimalist by nature, but I can’t resist LOFT stationery.
- Themed paperclips (I bought teeny tiny aeroplane clips!)
- Letter sets, letter writing paper and envelopes
- Lined writing paper
- Office stationery supplies including cute ledgers to calculate your daily cashflow
- Diaries, calendars and schedule books
- Cute Japanese stationery post-it notes (including the cutest PEEP-OUT notes with animal faces!)
- Art and craft design supplies
BUY NOW ON AMAZON: PEEP OUT Post it Notes, Set of 8 different styles
More Fun Japanese stationery
The stationery fun doesn’t stop there…
- THE cutest memo flag index tabs in all kinds of adorable designs! (I bought polar animals, and a set of traditional Japanese daruma dolls this visit!)
- Coloured markers
- Mechanical pencils
- Sticker sets and books of stickers
- Kawaii stationery including bullet journals
- Kawaii accessories (kawaii means ‘cute’ in Japanese)
- Calendars, diaries, notepads, journal books and all kinds of stationery.
- Instamatic cameras and photographic paper
- Postcards and letter sets with Sumo wrestler designs. The perfect souvenir!
BUY NOW ON AMAZON: Fuji Film Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera in Ice Blue ( 2 x mini film included)
Best Japanese Stationery Brands & Japanese Office Supplies
Loft sells many of the best Japanese stationery brands including:
- MT Washi-Tape
- Japanese pen brands including Zebra Mildliner Highlighter Pens
- MUJI Gel Ink Ballpoint Pens
- Fusen Sticky Notes
- Plus (Decor Rush decoration tape)
- Yojo Tape
- Pilot Frixian Stamps
- Pilot juice pens
They also sell cute stationery under licence of big popular brands such as DISNEY, Rainbow Brite, Moomin, Hello Kitty, Pokemon, and more, and Japanese office supplies too.
I love personalising my office space with the kawaii stationery I find in Loft:
- themed paper clips
- animal shaped rubber bands
- colourful bulldog clips with love hearts and airplane motifs, and
- my favourite – anything with a Japanese Daruma doll on it.
Japanese stationery is one thing I can’t resist.
BUY NOW ON AMAZON: Set of 10 Bright Rainbow Colors of WASHI TAPE!
Buy Cute and Cheap Japanese Stationary
It’s the perfect place to send kids on a mission to buy a whole bunch of cute stationary supplies they can use to keep a travel journal of their family trip to Japan.
This can also be an exercise to help them work out the different currency, counting yen (the prices are in a little box on the back of each product), and tallying up their total purchases.
Give them a maximum figure, and a list of what they need to purchase, and let them do the fun finding and the sums!
BUY NOW ON AMAZON: Super Cute Sumikko Gurashi notebook 13cm x 18cm
Japanese Souvenirs to Take Home
Japanese stationery bundles are wonderful authentic Japanese gifts too – who wouldn’t be charmed by the quirkiness of the things on offer?
A deco stamp, a set of rainbow pens, a bullet journal and anything Rilakkuma-themed could top the list of cool Japanese souvenirs!
Visiting LOFT in Shibuya to see all the stationery is one of my favourite things to do in Japan with kids too.
Check the Loft Floor Guide for Japanese Souvenirs ideas
There are 7 Floors of Loft at the Shibuya branch.
You’ll find beautifully designed Japanese souvenirs and gifts on every level.
- Be sure to visit 1st floor for Gift Goods and Souvenirs, Greeting cards, watches, fashion goods, and phone accessories.
- 2nd floor is for health and beauty goods (including organic and natural cosmetics, aromatherapy and herbal teas).
- 3rd floor is for household goods including kitchen, table, cooking and dining, picnic lunch and bath products.
- 4th floor is for Interior Design.
- 5th floor is travel accessories, bags and variety goods.
- The 6th floor is worth a visit to see the International Art and Design exhibition. There’s also supplies for craft and wrapping.
Another Japanese Stationary MUJI
Our other favourite shop, MUJI Tokyo Shibuya is inter-connected with the basement floor of Loft. When you’ve finished your stationery shopping in Loft, be sure to go next door to MUJI Japan.
I love MUJI’s understated design principles, minimalist ethos, and their use of natural products – think natural timbers, fabrics, colours, stone, and simple ceramics.
They sell a range of simple but elegant MUJI stationery.
The MUJI stationery set is a best seller.
(You can also buy a small range of plain but versatile MUJI notebooks, MUJI pencils, and other MUJI stationery in Family Mart when you can’t make it to MUJI, or want to take a few extra souvenirs home.)
MUJI also sells:
- MUJI kitchenware – cups, plates, bowls, utensils and serving trays
- MUJI bathroom organisation and storage tools
- MUJI furniture (go take a look!)
- MUJI clothes for the whole family
- MUJI toys and bikes, and
- elegant MUJI homewares.
Don’t miss the MUJI Grocery on the Basement floor.
Gather all your food souvenir supplies at MUJI in Shibuya, including authentic green tea powder and those cutest little flower sugar lollies you eat alongside a sip of bitter tea.
You can also buy the MUJI chocolate coated strawberries.
The strawberry chocolate ones are decadent.
There’s also a delightful toddler playground upstairs in MUJI.
It’s typically Japanese – all smooth timbers and understated thoughtful design. There’s breastfeeding rooms too.
The Inside Scoop – LOFT, the Best Japanese Stationery Stores Tokyo
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in yen, unless otherwise stated.
Address: Loft Shibuya can be located at 21-1 Udagawacho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0042
Website: Click here
- Loft Shibuya Facebook Page
- Instagram handle: @loft_shibuya
Loft Shibuya Opening Hours: 10am to 9pm daily
How to get to LOFT Shibuya
- The Shibuya branch of LOFT is near to the main Shibuya Crossing at JR Shibuya Station.
- From the JR Shibuya station, walk out the Hachiko Exit (West Side) passing the Dog Statue.
- Cross at the main crossing. Walk up Inokashira Dori and follow the road, then turn sharp left at the first intersection.
- Walk past Louis Vuitton and look out for Forever 21 on your left. The entrance to LOFT is directly opposite here.
- It’s also about a 10-15 minute walk from Harajuku Station
Google Map of Loft Shibuya, Japanese Stationery Shop
Facilities Loft Shibuya
Need help? Look out for staff members who wear a blue badge. English speakers wear one that says ‘May I Help You’? Ask away!
Toilets: Yes, in-store including baby change table
Disability access: Yes
Closest playground: Inside Muji store, next door to Loft
This shop was last visited in May 2018.
Toadstool Rating – Cute Japanese Stationary Store
For lovers of pens and paper, this Japan stationery place is ridiculous. Prepare for your day’s Tokyo itinerary to go out the window.
Looking for MORE PLACES TO SHOP IN TOKYO (and things to do in Tokyo too)?
Click the links in blue below.
This website contains references to products and services from our favourite brands. Some of these are affiliate links. If you make a purchase or booking after clicking on one of these links on Roam the Gnome™, we may receive a small affiliate commission at NO COST to you. For our Disclosure and Disclaimer statements, and an explanation of our Advertising policy please click here
Roam the Gnome™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Thank you in advance for your support in helping us to grow Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ Website Directory. Bookmark this page to keep us safe and sound.