- 1 London Zoo Animals – Our Pick of the Bunch
- 2 Our picks of the London Zoo Animals you must see
- 3 More London Zoo Animals Walk-Thru Exhibits
- 4 Children’s Zoo
- 5 The Inside Scoop
- 6 Eat and Drink
- 7 World Schooling – teaching your kids as you travel!
- 8 Our Top Tips
- 9 Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
- 10 Instagram: Family Travel Ideas with Roam the Gnome
- 11 Click here to follow us!
London Zoo Animals – Our Pick of the Bunch
London Zoo animals. Did you know there is a new interactive exhibition at London Zoo called the Land of the Lions? Get up close and personal with mighty Asiatic lions in this Indian themed display. It’s really quite something! Here’s a sneak peek video inside the exhibit.
Our picks of the London Zoo Animals you must see
- Galapagos tortoises – Dirk, Dolly, Polly and Priscilla!
- The two pygmy hippos, Thug and Nicky, in their new home
- Come face to face with Sumatran tigers through the floor-to-ceiling glass windows in the Indonesian-themed Tiger Territory
- Meet the zoo’s colony of gorillas – impressive male silverback Kumbuka and his mate Mjukuu have two bubs – a baby girl named Alika and a male called Gernot. The group is completed by females Effie and Zaire.
- Visit the aquarium to see beautiful and unique fish and the odd seahorse too
- Giggle with the otters and laugh at the meerkats antics
- Enter the Reptile House to find ZSL London Zoo’s amazing collection of reptiles and amphibians, including snakes, lizards, frogs and crocodiles!
- Enjoy the African-themed environment where you’ll meet giraffes, zebras, okapis, warthogs and African hunting dogs too.
More London Zoo Animals Walk-Thru Exhibits
Not only are there animals, there are world-first interactive exhibits. London Zoo animals are amazing.
- “In with the Spiders” – want to meet spiders FACE to FACE? Then walk-through this exhibit of amazing arachnids from around the world. Yes, you walk in and under them! Oooohhhh!
- Another walk-through exhibit lets you come close to delightful Lemurs in a Madagascan shrub forest where the Lemurs will be leaping, climbing and lounging within metres of you.
- Visit the black-capped squirrel monkeys in the open-topped walk-through eco-safari habitat designed to mimic the Bolivian rainforests as closely as possible.
- Butterfly Paradise is yet another ‘walk though’ environment, with hundreds of butterflies from south-east Asia, Central and south America and East Africa in this global community. You can learn about butterfly life cycles, biodiversity and climate change.
But the best bit of all for kids? The Children’s Zoo. The adventure starts at Treetop Village where they can meet the coatis who make their lives among the leaves. Kids will have the freedom to climb, swing and visit the lookout towers for a treetop view of the world. From the tops of the trees down to the roots, visitors will be led through the earth to explore an underground world. A network of tunnels lets kids explore, challenge their fears and meet underground animals in their own habitats.
Then it’s time to enter the splash water-based learning zone near the café. This area allows kids to become active in our mini stream, take a seat in our secret garden or be enchanted by some story telling in the tipi. Last but not least is the Touch Zone that lets children get hands on to groom and feed our goats and sheep as well as meet the zoo’s donkeys, llamas and kune-kune pigs.
The Inside Scoop
ZSL London Zoo is open every day of the year except Christmas Day.
- From 25 March 2016, opening 10am – 6pm
- From 5 September 2016, opening 10am to 5.30pm
- From 22 October 2016, opening 10am to 5pm
- From 31st October, opening 10am to 4pm
- Purchasing tickets online in advance is the quickest and cheapest way for you to get into ZSL London Zoo.
- £24.25 Adults (£25.50 at the gate.) £17.60 children 3 -15 (£18.50 at the gate.) Children Under 3 FREE!
- Online only Family Offer – £75 (2 adults + 2 children OR 1 adult + 3 children)
From October 31st, ticket prices are going DOWN!
- £20.45 Adults (£21.50 at the gate.) £16.40 children 3 -15 (£17.25 at the gate.) Children Under 3 FREE!
- Phone: 0344 225 1826 or
- London Zoo Website
- Email (bookings): email@example.com
Travel Options to London Zoo Animals and Playground Fun
- Click here for all your transport options.
Location and Map
- Address:Outer Circle, Regent’s Park, London, NW1 4RY
Eat and Drink
- Aquarium Kiosk – simple snacks and drinks
- The Terrace restaurant – stone baked pizza and fish and chips. A themed afternoon tea is available for adults and kids
- The Animal Adventure cafe – organic snacks, sandwiches, coffee, cake, and sweet treats at the Adventure café, plus delicious ice creams. Indoor and outdoor seating areas. High chairs are available.
World Schooling – teaching your kids as you travel!
- Founded in 1826, the Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is an international scientific, conservation and educational charity whose mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats.
Our Top Tips
- Find the Adventure Playground! It’s located near Penguin Beach and the entrance of the Butterfly Paradise.
- Children’s scooters are permitted as long as they are supervised by an adult.
- Download ZSL London Zoo’s official app on iPhone and Android. Find out more about your favourite animals, create your own bespoke tour or follow one of theirs, find out about all of the exciting daily events and set yourself reminders, and play the Walkabout Game, where you find and photograph animals to win Explorer trophies and Spotter badges! Buy tickets, get directions and plan your visit, and use the “What’s on” section to find out about daily animal talks and events.
- Download a map of London Zoo Animals before you arrive.
- Thinking about a family trip to London? Then visit here to find ALL SUPER DOOPER FUN family friendly things to do, see, and eat in this fantastic city!
Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
Family Travel Ideas with Roam the Gnome