A never-ending snack menu of all your favourite chocolate treats, brought to your room at any time of the day or night? For FREE!
A real-life magician at breakfast?
A popsicle hotline?
All your CHILDHOOD DREAMS COME TRUE at our favourite hotel in America. There’s no place on earth with the charisma, the personality and the service like it.
- 1 The Magic Castle Hotel Hollywood
- 2 1. Breakfast with a professional magician!
- 3 2. The afore-mentioned snack menu was next.
- 4 3. The Only Popsicle Hotline We’ve Ever Heard Of
- 5 Magic Castle Hotel Reviews by Roam the Gnome
- 6 Magic Castle Hotel is everything and more…
- 7 Attractions near Magic Castle Hotel
- 8 The One and Only Popsicle Hotline at the Magic Castle Hotel
- 9 Magic Castle Hotel Rooms
- 10 Magic Castle Hotel Pool
- 11 Magic Castle Hotel Breakfast
- 12 Laundry
- 13 The Beautiful Staff at the Magic Castle Hotel make all the difference!
- 14 Magic Castle Hotel Rates & Magic Castle Hotel Reservations
- 15 The Inside Scoop – Magic Castle Hotel Hollywood
- 16 Want MORE Super Fun Things to Do in Los Angeles with Kids?
The Magic Castle Hotel Hollywood
A block behind the fabulous and famous Hollywood Walk of Fame is one of LA’s best kept secrets, the Magic Castle Hotel LA.
A multi-storey apartment-style complex in painted bright in sunny yellow hues, it’s a haven away from the outside world. From the moment you walk through the doors, there are eager-to-please staff members waiting to bring a smile to your face in one of million ways.
There’s not just one highlight of our hotel stay here – there’s three.
1. Breakfast with a professional magician!
An audience with a professional magician, on loan from the Magic Castle Academy of the Magical Arts high on the hill behind the hotel, was the first surprise. Imagine the boys’ faces when they met a real-life illusionist, with skills to pull playing cards out from behind their ears. Magicians visit Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings from 9am to 10am. Harry Potter, eat your heart out.
(Read the history of the Magic Castle Academy of Magical Arts. It’s the private clubhouse of certified magicians in the states, and allows entrance only to members and their guests, championing a strict dress code of suit-and-tie and evening wear also.)
FREE sweet AND savoury snacks at any time of the day. Drinks too. What kid wouldn’t be impressed with that?
3. The Only Popsicle Hotline We’ve Ever Heard Of
Floating around the pool and hungry for a little icy pole treat? Easy. Just jump out and simply lift up the red phone – the legendary Magic Castle Popsicle Hotline – at the Magic Castle Hotel and Suites.
Soon enough, one of the Magic Castle Hotel staff will pop out to the pool with a tray of delicious popsicles for everyone who wants one.
There are your three reasons why my kids NEVER EVER wanted to leave this place, and why they keep begging me on a regular basis to go back. But let’s face it, the Magic Castle Hotel Popsicle Hotline tops the list.
Magic Castle Hotel Reviews by Roam the Gnome
We rate this OUR NUMBER ONE HOTEL in the World, and we’ve stayed in a few.
- It’s not the rooms, although the 3-star one or two bedroom suites are perfectly suitable for families or the FREE breakfast included – with vegemite toast on the menu!
- It’s not the location, even though you couldn’t want for being closer to all the action, and an Uber is only a phone call away.
- It’s not even the floaty lifejackets they provide for the kids, or the warm fluffy towels.
Magic Castle Hotel is everything and more…
It IS absolutely everything else, including the new soft-serve ice cream machine that is wheeled out each day at 2.30pm for guests young and old. It’s FREE, and there’s two flavours every day.
Oh, and the FREE laundry service. That’s a godsend when you are travelling with kids. (Be sure to tip well!)
If you are looking for the best hotel for families in LA, book the Magic Castle Hotel Los Angeles without delay.
Don’t believe us yet? Then check this – There’s a reason they were the winners of the 2011, 2014, 2015, AND 2017 California Hotel Lodging Association’s award for “Best Guest Relations” in California.
Attractions near Magic Castle Hotel
Universal Studios is one Subway stop away, or a 10 minute drive. Go explore the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter, take a tour on the backlot, or take go on one of their many rides. Buy tickets ahead of time from the reception to avoid their ticket line.
The Chinese Theatre, Madame Tussauds, the El Capitan theatre (Home of Disney films), and the Disney Studio/Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop (6834 Hollywood Blvd.) are less than 5 minutes away on Hollywood Boulevard.
The One and Only Popsicle Hotline at the Magic Castle Hotel
Magic Castle Hotel Rooms
Magic Castle Hotel Pool
Magic Castle Hotel Breakfast
The Beautiful Staff at the Magic Castle Hotel make all the difference!
Magic Castle Hotel Rates & Magic Castle Hotel Reservations
Room rates vary depending on how many people are in your family, and how many beds you require. Check with your local travel agent.
The Inside Scoop – Magic Castle Hotel Hollywood
- Location of the Magic Castle Hotel – 7025 Franklin Avenue, Hollywood CA 90028
- Magic Castle Hotel Phone Number: 1 800 741 4915 (in USA)
- Magic Castle Hotel Website
- Newspapers are available at no charge and there’s a Good Morning Greeting notice on your breakfast table with all the day’s events, concerts, and happenings too.
- Hot tip: Bring a door wedge if you have kids under 5. The door handles are down low, and even my 2 year old could open it and get out. Drive a wedge behind the door to stop potential escapees.
- Parking is $13 plus tax per night in the parking garage below.
- You can buy Magic Castle Coffee Mugs, t-shirts and other souvenirs. Do so. We didn’t and regret not having a reminder of this fabulous LA hotel.
Want MORE Super Fun Things to Do in Los Angeles with Kids?
Click the blue links below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.